Vertas Group Limited is committed to protecting and enhancing the natural environment, sustainable practices are considered and adopted where possible; we endeavour to do this by:
- Operating and adhering to our Environmental Management System (EMS), in accordance with ISO 14001, legal and other requirements
- Providing a framework for setting, monitoring and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Monitoring and reviewing our EMS and environmental performance to identify, plan and implement changes and continual improvements
- Identifying our impact on the environment and developing plans to minimise or eliminate that impact and prevent pollution to land, air and water
- Promoting the use of sustainable resources
- Working in partnership with customers, partner organisations and regulatory bodies
- Promoting environmental awareness, and training where necessary and encouraging all staff to ‘do their bit’.
Purchasing & Packaging
Vertas considers environmental issues in purchasing decisions, and endeavours to purchase new equipment that is energy saving.
Waste & Recycling
Vertas endeavours to minimise waste where possible (i.e. recycling paper, cans, plastic, cooking oil).
Vertas ensures scheduled servicing and maintenance of equipment to improve its efficiency and life. Staff ensure they switch off lights, computer screens and equipment when not in use.
Vertas staff are encouraged to report dripping taps to improve efficiency and reduce the use of energy & water.
Vertas is committed to reducing the impact of vehicle travel by its staff, and encourages the use of alternative means of travel where possible, for example, by public transport.
Vertas promotes the use of environmentally friendly products and provides up to date information to all users.
This statement will be made available to all staff, customers, and other relevant interested parties. It will be displayed prominently throughout Vertas on noticeboards, the staff intranet and the external website. It will be reviewed on a regular basis as part of the Management Review.