Vertas Group Limited is committed to protecting and enhancing the environment to contribute to the sustainable management of the global environment.
To deliver our energy policy we are implementing an Energy Management System (EnMS) for the whole organisation, which will set the standards that all members of staff will follow in order to reduce our energy consumption in line with our corporate value - sustainable. This energy policy is written to compliment the organisation’s environmental policy and, as such, should be read in conjunction with it.
Improvement in energy efficiency:
Vertas is committed to:
- continuous improvement in the efficiency with which energy is used; and
- the prevention and avoidance of energy waste.
Scope and boundaries:
This policy covers all uses of energy in our buildings, processes, and transport operations. The fuels consumed by the group in order to deliver the Vertas Service offering are electricity, gas, petrol, and diesel.
EnMS enables us to:
- identify our major energy consumers in the organisation;
- set achievable objectives and targets for reducing energy consumption;
- develop an energy management action plan;
- monitor progress towards meeting EnMS targets;
- comply with legislation;
- increase environmental and energy consumption awareness;
- encourage all staff to ‘do their bit’; and
- continuously improve our energy efficiency.
Objectives and targets:
Our prime objective is to reduce our total energy consumption each year, taking account of changes in levels of activity, weather, and other relevant factors. Other objectives and targets will be set and reviewed from time to time. We expect staff and contractors alike to support our objectives and to cooperate actively in achieving them. We will publish the results every two years.
We undertake to comply not only with all relevant legislation relating to energy use but also with additional voluntary requirements which may be agreed from time to time.
Design and procurement:
We will treat energy efficiency as one of the key criteria in the purchase of products and services and actively encourage energy-efficient design.
Availability of information:
We will ensure the availability of all the information and resources necessary:
- to achieve our objectives and targets;
- to plan and supervise the necessary projects and programmes;
- to maintain an energy management system compliant with ISO 50001 and any subsequent standard which supersedes it;
- to monitor energy performance; and
- subject to justification on reasonable criteria, to fund physical improvement projects.
We undertake to carry out such awareness raising, training, and maintenance optimization programmes as may be required in pursuit of improved energy efficiency and reduced losses.
This policy is available to all Vertas staff.
This energy policy will be reviewed on a yearly basis and updated as required.